Math and movies
"Cinema and business"
- Watch a short extract from the "Concursante"
- Trade and equations - solving equations with items on a template - including two equations with two unknown - making equations for each other - solving equations in Geogebra - solving equations with pen and paper
- Make up a story and create a short movie where you demonstrate how equations are needed in trade.
- Many movies are about robbery or making fake money. Here you will watch a short extract from the Danish movie: "The Olsen Gang"
- Watch a movie from the Eupean Union about safety and money
- Look carefully at a 20 Euro banknote
- "Things of value". Make a powerpoint presentation with pictures showing the development from natural products to money.
Teaching Design: "Visiting the cinema" and "Costs and filmproduction."
Going to the cinema is expensive. Watch this movie from Greece:
- What does a cinema ticket cost in the four countries?
- Compare the prize with the prize of one liter of whole milk in the four countries.
- Compare the costs in the different countries.
- What other expenses do you have when you visit the cinema? (Cola, popcorn, candy).
- Compare the prizes for popcorn in your countries after calculating the content of the different boxes?
- What is the profit for the cinema when the sell popcorn?
Visiting the Cinema, how often do you go?
Statistics: How often do you go to a cinema? Compare with national and European statistics.
Which is the most expensive film produced in your country?
How much did it cost?
Compare with each other.
Which movies from the other countries have been shown in the respective countries? Do you know any of these? - klik on the line and there is a link to you.