Meeting European Cinema
Program of activities of Greek team : Nikos Christopoulos, Sonia Tsolakou, Christina Plastira, Erato Rapakoulia , Katerina Chatziargyri, Odysefs Pantelakis, Alkimini Zania.
1. Presentation of country of Greece.
- Photos and basic characteristics of our country and our culture.
2. Presentation : Greek Cinema
- «Golden age of Greek cinema».
- Famous Greek directors.
- Famous Greek actors.
- Famous Greek movies.
3. Mathematics in Greek movies.
Clips with mathematical Knowledge in Greek movies.
4. Activities : Students collaborate and work in groups :
Activities with mathematical Knowledge that included in movies.
- Rounding off numbers
Two Interactive activities with mathematical software Schratz.
- Game Taboo for mathematical concepts.
Cards that each card has a word of mathematical concept or mathematical definition. Students work in groups to describe the mathematical concept to others groups, but each card has 3 words that couldn't use in description. If students find the word , select 10 points and continue to describe to others the word of other card. Winner is the team that will have more points.
Objectives: Understanding mathematical definitions, while students collaborate in groups and they try to describe and explain mathematical Knowledge, included in cards.
Getting experience to English language.
- Problem Solving mathematics.
Most of Greek movies include " easy" mathematical problems. Mathematical
Problems, that we use them in our daily life.
Students work in groups to solve mathematical problems of worksheets.
5. Music and dances in Greek movies.
- Presentation : Dances and Music is a basic characteristic of Greek Movies
- Let’s Dance !!
Dances will be part of Greek film (scene with the corresponding song). We have select 3 songs and 3 dances.
Sirtaki of Zorba Movie
Xasapozerfiko with song of Greek movie : “ I am the best student in my classroom”
Zebekiko : famous dance in Greek.
Students will teach to other students Greek dances and we will dance all together
6. The end is a SURPRISE!
Students have written a scenario to show “ Maths in our life” .
They have prepared a short movie.